1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick question on Meyer E60 pump

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mower For Less, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Mower For Less

Mower For Less Senior Member

I just got a E60 on Ebay, and it is a 2 terminal motor. I pulled out the trusty multimeter and both terminals appear to be the same electrically. I could not find any info on what the 2 are supposed to be, so if anybody knows what the deal with 2 terminals are, let me know. Do I hook up to one or the other, or both? Whats the difference?

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

1 of the term is for the positive wire from the solinoid and the other one is for the ground for the whole pump...Rob

3. Mower For Less

There is a third terminal that looks like it would be the ground (would definitely be the ground if the motor only had one terminal :) ). How do I tell the difference between the two remaining terminals that are on the motor? One is labeled A2 and the other is labeled D1 (stamped in case).

Kevin

4. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

e 60 motor wiring

Service Bulletin #182 R1

The terminal marked "A2" is the positive connection that goes to the solenoid.

The terminal marked "D1" is the Ground. There should be a short wire going from motor terminal "D1" to the grounding terminal on the hydraulic unit. Then another ground wire from the hydraulic unit to battery ground.

I would look at Meyer web site and look for the service bulletin # 182 R1

Dave

5. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

6. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

7. Mower For Less

Thanks, thats exacty the info I needed. However, I cannot find any way to look up Service Bulletins on Meyers website? Any way you can help me out with a link, or point me to a copy of it somewhere else?

Thanks,
    Kevin

8. Mower For Less

I did, but the manual is of no help whatsover with wiring the 2 terminal motor. Even the cheesy diagrams illustrate ground going to the case, and power going to a 1 terminal motor. If you see a page I overlooked showing the 2 terminal motor wiring, let me know, but I could not find it.

Thanks,
    Kevin

9. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Go to www.meyerproducts.com, click on the tab that says service&support, then click on service manuals, then click on quicklift power units service manual and you are there, either print it or download it, I would suggest to print it so you can carry it with you to the driveway to work on the plow now and in the future.

10. Mower For Less

Thats done. I meant the Service Bulletin that Dave mentioned before you. Cant find that on Meyer site.

Kevin

11. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Sorry, can't help anymore, I have an E-47, don't know anything about an E-60.

12. Mower For Less

What gauge wire should be from D1 to the case? Is that just for the solenoids? Maybe 14 gauge? Nothing else is loading it, correct?

Kevin

13. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

2 terminal motor

The same size wire that you have coming from the battery to the grounding terminal on the hydraulic unit is the size wire from the terminal on the motor to the grounding lug on hydraulic unit. The replacement motor comes with one.

Remember that motor takes 200 + amps when full load so you need much more than a #14 Gage wire to carry that much current at 12VDC.

Call Meyer in Cleveland at there main number and ask for technical support they can fax or send you that service bulletin. They are very good to all who call.

Dave

14. Mower For Less

I know the motor takes more than a 14 gauge wire, I guess I'm not following why the jumper needs to be larger also. If the motor already has a ground cable attached, whats the jumper for?

Kevin

15. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

Wiring of Ground

You are just daisy chaining the ground from the battery to the hydraulic unit to the new E60 motor. You are grounding the hydraulic unit as the coils need a ground also. Meyer just has you hooking wire from battery to the hydraulic unit then a jumper from hydraulic unit to the motor terminal. Yes the hydraulic unit would be grounded from the motor being attached to it how ever in the newer touch pads there is current monitoring so a good ground is needed to allow this to work.

Dave