1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick question. F.250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by exmark, Dec 4, 2010.

1. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Alright so my f.250 with the v10 engine has a plug up front on the right side. Now this plug I am almost a hundred percent sure is a plug that can be used to plug the truck in over night like in cold weather conditions. My dad however thinks other wise, he doesn't know and doesn't want me messing with it tell I know exactly what it is. Can one of you help me out here by telling me either yes it is a plug to plug it in over night or no it isn't its something else. And if its a plug to plug it in, is it to keep the engine warm or something else. Thanks for the help.

2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Its for a block heater like on the diesels. My dads v-10 has it.

3. Cherryco

Cherryco Junior Member

My Dad's 99 F350 also has it.

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

It's for the electric starter.

5. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Its a hybrid!

6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

It's an engine block heater. I wouldn't worry about it though. Unless it gets Alaska cold, the V10 won't have any problems starting.

7. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Thanks thats what I thought it was. I probably wont be using it, but now that I know what it is it will come in handy if I do need to.

8. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

You should post some pics of your truck.

9. exmark

exmark Senior Member

10. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Truck looks awesome, excellent choice in plow. What part of Iowa are you from?

11. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Im in west des moines.