1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick. Question about whelen

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ajslands, Feb 11, 2010.

1. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Hey I have a whelen hideaway strobe 4 corners and two of my lights don't work, now one of them I had problems with befor lose wire last time so I hunk it's same poblem, but I unpluged that one. So yesterday I was plowing and early in the morning my strobes stoped working, so I just turned them off, then they worked about 20 minutes later when. Tried them again, so later that day my passenger side front strobe started acting weird, it was not flashing in the pattern it would only do the blinking where th all blink simotansly not the 2 rapid flashes. And then I turned them off and It did the same thing later and then stoped working. I tried taping the power supply to see if iwas a lowe wire but nothing. So now only the driberside front and passenger rear work. What's wrong with it.

2. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

You may have multiple problems, but it sounds like the Passenger side front is on it's way out. A lot of times when tubes start to fail, they flash but won't flash the proper pattern.

3. ajslands

So I should just try a new tube and will probaly be good, btw it is so hard to reach you John, I caled you from like 4:30 till 5 and go busy signal everytime

4. SafetyLighting

Damn, sorry man. I was on the phone, but I'm supposed to have call waiting. I'll have to check on it tomorrow.

Try a new tube if you have one. Or just pull the one that is working in the rear andinstall that in the front to see what happens.

5. ajslands

I have a new tube. I'll try that, how much do you chArge for 3 wire cable, 2 feet of it?

6. SafetyLighting

You need connectors on it?

7. ajslands

Ya.......…….……..4.4…

8. SafetyLighting

4.4? I don't follow you, sorry.

9. ajslands

i was trying to lengthen the post to 9 characters or w/e it is and i was on my iphone and i fat fingered a few times, cuz the periord is on the left. but 2' with connectors, and i also need a mode switch, i cutrently have a HD button for it but dont know when power is going to it and when its not, so if you could please check on that, and thanks. also when i searched your site on goole when your phone wasent working to see if there was an alternate number somewhere i found this http://ma.serviceslisted.com/5642041-YourGirlfriendsCloset.htm donou what it is but thats what was there.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  10. SafetyLighting

I can send you a piece, email or Pm me with your address. You want a small round switch with an LED in it?

11. ajslands

yes please!:nod::nod::nod: :bluebounc

12. SafetyLighting

OK, just get me your info.