1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

quick question about starting

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Proscapez LLC, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I have been offered 4 commercial accounts under contracts. (large resturants)
    I cut in the summer, but dont know if the 4 accounts would be able to support the equipment during the winter season. my current truck is payed for.

I have plowed before, it's been 6 years. but it was for the company I work at.
    I'm just asking if this is feesable, The new truck would also be used during the summer to pull my enclosed trailer.

Any ideas would be helpful.

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

probably not the first year but you'll pick up more accounts as time goes on
  3. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I was thinking of buying a 3/4 truck but there hard to find around here used unless I get a l 5.4Lt V8, No power strokes.

But I have found a nice 03 Chevy Silverado 1500 31k miles extended cab, short bed, 5300 V-8, 4x4 on the floor, automatic
    So I'm thinking of going that way. At least the engine should be able to push the smaller truck a little easyier.

I dont want to take on to much work as I still have to cut a lot of trees and install fences during the winter. I believe in doing a good job and don't want to upset a customer by hurting there service.
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Suggestion: To pull your trailer, plow snow, you might want to find a 3/4 or 1 ton for your needs. I know some people can get allot done with a 1/2 ton but do your self and your customers a favor and LOOK FOR A DIFFERENT TRUCK....

Why do people think that a 1/2 ton is a good choice for a work truck?
    Is because there cheaper and easy to find.

Lets see, get a 3/4 ton that will be operated within or close to it's GVW limit
    OR a 1/2 ton that will be over it's GVW as soon as you and your dog get in the truck.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2006