1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick question about my Vbox

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Moonlighter, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Hey guys I was wondering if one of you had an answer to a quick question, I am pretty sure I know the answer but... Okay The picture below is what I found when I took the motor plate of my vbox, where the drag chain comes through it's bent up wards. The entire track area should be flat and level right? Or is this some kind of insider trick to keep the drag chain from getting bound up? I think the guy before me bent the sh*t out of it and I should heat and bend it back to level. Thanks in advance for any help, yes this is my first salter.

Sept11 039.jpg

Sept11 040.jpg

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Something was hung up in there, no reason to do that on purpose at least that I'm aware of.

3. That is down like that from the factory. Do not make it level. You will get Hung up with the drag chain. Mine are all like that.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I believe he is referring to the sides of the track were the pintle chain actually travels.

5. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

I am talking about where the drag chain travels out of the chute, it's bent up and I don't think it will roll properly. The front tab turndown is not the issue.

Thanks Basher I thought the same thing.

6. Now I see it. Fix that soon. Bend it down a bit