1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

quick question about MU1613

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by obrut, Mar 6, 2008.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Got my fuel pump today for my 2000 NBS GMC 2500 6.0L and the sold me part number MU1613. I lifted the bed and my old pump has one square 4 pin connector on it and the new one has one 4 pin flat connector and one 3 pin flat connector. The 3 pin goes to a black sensor on top of the unit. The pump came with a new 4 pin flat connector but what about the black sensor, do i have the wrong pump?

2. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

just got off the phone with the dealer and he said I should have MU1614, is the difference the black sensor?

edit:
    I called delco direct and they told me the MU1613 is for a 5.3L and MU1614 is for the 6.0L either way I wont be able to finish it tonight. I'm going to return the mu1613 tomorrow and get the mu1614. One other question, do I need a special tool to remove the fuel lines?

Tim

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The 1614 SHOULD be the correct one for your 6.0.
    GM did a lot of strange things during the body style changeover (especially on the 2500's) but it should be the correct one.

You will need a fuel line disconnect tool to remove the lines from the fuel module assembly. You can buy inexpensive ones ($10 or so) at most parts store that will do the job.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

GM loves the running line change. They also forget to tell anybody, including their own people.

5. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

there are 2 different fuel pumps for that truck one with one plug Wiring code tuc and with two plugs code tcf. They are the same for the 4.8l 5.3l 6.0l 99-03. MU 1613 replaced Mu1516. You should be able to disconnect fuel lines with needle nose pliers. I would replace the wiring harness connector to the pump while you have it apart because they tend to get corroded.

6. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

thanks guys, I should be able to get the new pump today and hopefully get it in tonight.