1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Question about Fisher Fish-Stick

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by TinyGiant, Aug 16, 2010.

1. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Junior Member
    from NH

So i have been piecing together my mm2 plow setup.. bought the push plates and put them on myself a week or so ago, then bought the harness yesterday and had a mechanic friend of mine help me wire the harness in the truck. Tomorrow i am driving 150miles to pick up a plow in VT 7'6" MM2 RD

I want to make sure my harness works before i make the trek so i can hook up the plow and test it and drive home with it on the truck.

I have everything all wired up .we accidently put one of the plugs on the isolation module in the wrong port and blew my low beams.. lol but its all straightened out and everything seems to be hooked up.. not blowing fuses and we didnt get any bad sparks or smells..

be that i dont have a plow to test the harness on I was just curious if I should have an on/off light on the fish stick when i dont have a plow attached? Right now i have no light on the controller.

I am going to try to hit up a plow dealer near my house tomorrow before we leave to see if we can test it really quick.. just so i know it works before we leave. 6hr round trip wouldn't be fun if i couldn't take the plow home lol

i wish there was a way to know it works without having a plow on it lol.

my mechanic friend tested all the connections with his power probe and tested the relay too and everything seemed to be on the up and up.

This will be my first year plowing on my own. I did it a couple times last year but my wife and I started our own landscaping company this year and decided we should probably plow to survive the winter :)

thanks in advance!

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

No light without the plow connected. Don't forget you can short chain the plow if something goes wrong. What size plow/truck? 150 miles is a long way at highway speeds in the summer.

3. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Junior Member
    from NH

2000 F250 Superduty. We drove the truck home from plymouth mass to rochester nh. Which is the same distance. Should be nice tomorrow weather wise. It will be a tank of gas easy maybe more with the plow on the way back.

Thanks for letting me know about the light. I think it should be all set. Still gonna try seeing if the local plow shop will let me test it :)

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's a pretty light plow for a 3/4 ton.

Watch your temp gauge.....

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  5. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Junior Member
    from NH

I am getting a pretty good deal on it. I might throw it up on craigslist and try to trade it for an 8ft... i hear thats the ideal size for my truck anyways.

6. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

For what it's worth, I've run my truck with the blade in the middle of the summer, in 90+ with the AC on and it did just fine. However, I wasn't on a 3 hour high-way journey.

If the temp gauge starts to run hot, get that blade as low as you can without endangering yourself - it'll help some.

Good Luck!

7. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Junior Member
    from NH

Been driving for an hour now and the temp hasn't budged :) I have it tilted all the way to the left

8. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I never tilt mine just I just keep it low. I could have sold u a nice 7.6 mm2. or a 8ft mm2

9. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Junior Member
    from NH

I got the plow for 550 :). Traded a brand new macbook that I bught for 550 of craigslist... Don't think you'd wanna beat that :)

Its like new. Used 4 times then stored. Only 2yo too :)

I might consider trading for a 8ft idk yet

10. brad96z28

Lol that is a deal. I only have 2 8fts left. Left me know someday.

11. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

damn that was you trying to trade? i saw that and was like wow i really need a mac haha wish i had a plow to trade this guy. lets see some pics

12. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Junior Member
    from NH

Lol. Yeah I got a few emails about it. This was prolly the newest and best of the offers I got. Well worth the drive today

13. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Junior Member
    from NH

you want pics of the plow?

looks almost new.. the yellow is solid. no rust anywhere its a little fadded and the fisher decal has fallen off mostly. lol if i feel like it i'll grab some of my car wax and bring the yellow back lol

14. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Junior Member
    from NH

here are some pics of the plow before i went and got it. had a nice pair of yellow jacket nests in the push plate holes lol I guess it sat there for 2 years .. no worse for wear though
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is my beast:
    [​IMG]

when i got home i went to rest it down to dismount it and noticed the blade wouldnt touch the ground. I had to end up lengthening the chain on the lift. He had it on a 1/2 ton chevy .. i think my beastly Ford is a little taller

15. brad96z28

Looks to be an 04 05 model

16. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Junior Member
    from NH

anyway to check> (not that i really care..since it works fine and is rust free :) )

17. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

The Ford Superduty is one tall truck, thats for sure.

A bit late now of course, but I would have recommended you put the plow in the bed of the truck for that long of a drive home. 2 men can tip it on end, back the truck up to it and let it down on the tailgate, then slide it in and strap it down. Thats how I got my 8' home to Pittsfield from Ipswitch.

Nice plow for sure though and a great deal to boot. Take care of it, keep it clean and use fluid film on the blade to keep it clear and as light as possible,