1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick price please!!! 1/4 mile road PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by SouthernMassGuy, Oct 19, 2005.

1. SouthernMassGuy

SouthernMassGuy Junior Member

Hi guys,
    Just a quick question, in your professional opinion, i have a condo customer with a 1/4 mile road ( a little hilly in one area ) no obstructions and 4 parking area measuring 120' x 60' I don't have a sander and will be using a few high school kids to stand in the back of the truck and throw it around with a shovel ( might sound stupid but it works..lol.. ) i could really use some help on this one !!!! By the way, this is in the Southern Massachusetts area.
    Thanks again,
  2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Where about in southern MA. ??? Sounds like a lot for a handjob! Pun intended.
  3. SouthernMassGuy

SouthernMassGuy Junior Member

The property is in Fall River, Ma I know it sounds like a lot for a Handjober but if i am paying a couple of kids 10-12$hr, believe me it won't take long with me behind the wheel and them throwing shovelfulls.... anyway, i have come to a dead end with a price... i guess i will just throw out a number to the condo Assn and see what happens
  4. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Think twice before letting anyone stand in the back of a moving vehicle and shovelling sand. One small error resulting in a head injury will change your life forever. Sub out the sanding to someone with a spreader.

The condo association would be negligent if they knowingly allowed you to have someone in the back of the truck. Also, your insurance carrier will not cover someone standing in the back of the truck. Call them to check. Would you allow your child to stand in the back of a moving vehicle?
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
  5. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

yah, what gpin said is dead on. What seems silly and funny at the time can change real quick. Lets try to remain professional here - besides that, a small spreader into your hitch is what, like $300? Sure seems cheap compared to a high schooler paralyzed from falling out of moving truck while shoveling salt / sand.

Perhaps you could use some fertilizer spreaders to spread salt after you've plowed.