1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick pics from last storm

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by wyldman, Mar 6, 2003.

1. wyldman

wyldman Member

Here are a few pics from the last storm.Tried to take a lot more pics of the propertiesin general,but they all turned out to dark to see.Will try again later.Here's what turned out for now.

We had 8-10" of snow,just after last week's 12"+ dumping,piles are getting pretty big.

Here is a shot of my truck piling snow,from the cab.

1.jpg

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

More piling.First pass into a previously created pile.

2.jpg

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

More piles.This one newly created.We just hauled away all the snow from the pervious storm.

3.jpg

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Freshly cleared shipping\receiving area.

4.jpg

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Other side of shipping area.

You can see how dark the pics came out,even after I fixed them,the other 50 or so pics I took all came out too dark.

5.jpg

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

More piles.

6.jpg

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

Another angle.

7.jpg

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

Rear view of truck,with rear lights on.460 watts facing rearward,great for tailgaters :D

8.jpg

9. wyldman

wyldman Member

Shot of controls in cab for plow,salter,lights,and cell phones.The little cig lighter mounted neon light cast a dull light on all the controls.Great for the salter dial as it is not backlit.

9.jpg

10. wyldman

wyldman Member

Gettin in close,the one drawback to a long wheel base truck is turning radius.

10.jpg

11. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Great picts:D What size western do you have?

12. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm jealous!!! We had some good storms in Dec & Jan but just little ones since then. Nice pictures

13. wyldman

wyldman Member

All of our Western's are 9 ft.Some have removable extensions to make them 12 ft wide.

14. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Wyldman nice pics. i like how u get ur plowlights and heads to work at the same time:)

15. wyldman

wyldman Member

Everything is wired up separately with big wire and relays.The headlamps are wired through two DRL,or daytime running light modules.One for normal high beam DRL,when driving on the roads during the day and the plow is off.The other gives me low beams at about 50% brilliancy to gently light up the backside of the plow and the front of the truck.Great for hooking up the plow too,without bright lights shining in your eyes

16. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

ok chris, so how many phones do you have in your truck?:eek:

is that a PDA or a phone next to the salter control

Last edited: Oct 23, 2003
  17. wyldman

wyldman Member

I have two mounted in the truck,and usually one on me.One is a permanent 4 watt analog,for bad reception areas and has an awesome hands free.Then I have my main bus cell,and my personal cell as backup,or one of the guys needs a spare.We have two ways,laptops and Pocket PC's as well.I just need another 4 arms to work it all and plow at the same time. :D

18. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Either that or a Beautiful secretary to answer your phones;)