1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick opinion please

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Theshoemaker, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Hello, would a 9ft meyer steel blade be too heavy/hard on my truck?? The truck is a older chevy kind of like a project truck. Truck is a 3500 dually 4x4 with a cummins 12v engine and heavy duty diffs.The 8ft blade that's on there is on it's last leg and a neighbor said he would sell me a 9ft meyer c9 for $300.00. Blade is in good shape with a newer a-frame and rams. Any ideas???

Oh and this truck is used 100% commercial, decent sized lots 2-10 acres

2. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Truck is also solid front axle
  3. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Meyer blades are generally light anyway so that'd probably be fine
  4. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

You will be fine for sure. Older trucks are way tougher.
  5. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

It'll handle that just fine, even with wings. It's not like your gonna put 50,000 miles on it with the plow hangin' off the front.
  6. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

Been there ... Done that... had a 9 foot Meyer on my 1980 , dually, K30. One of my favorite rigs of all time!!! In fact you need a 9 to clear the rear tire track when the plow is angled...Absolutely no weight issues!
  7. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Are ya braggin here? Theres no way it would even faze that truck. Personally I think you should just give it to me and buy another truck ;)