1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

quick ? on E60

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dave_dj1, Feb 13, 2011.

1. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I have an E60 I am in the process of rebuilding. I've been gathering parts for the rebuild while using my E47.
    I know these may be stupid questions but I have never seen an E60 before.
    I have new 2 post motor, which wire goes to which post? Posts are marked D1 and D2. ( i assmume it makes a difference what direction the pump spins)
    Which port on the PA block goes to which piston?
    And lastly, what orientation does the unit go on the truck, motor left, or motor right? (facing truck from front)
    Plow goes up and down but won't angle and shoots fluid out the crossover valve cap.
    thanks!:mechanic:

2. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

You might get some help on Google if all the Meyer boys are busy making money with their plows.

3. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I hear that! I wish I was making money too.
    I found that the crossover valve had a little bit of corosion on it , some buffing with scotch pad and it works fine now, that and someone had installed it wrong.
    It goes up and angles fine however the A valve must be going bad , it only drops when it feels like it and apearantly it doesn't feel like it right now! It's stuck up in the air.
    I was going to rob the one off my E47 but it's much shorter and smaller, will the whole valve and solenoid swap out?
    If not I'll order one tomorrow.:mechanic:

4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

A2 is Positive

D1 is Negative

Don't forget the ground from D1 to the sump base to ground the coils.

Pump should be mounted motor to the right while looking at the front of the truck, in this orentation the left port goes to the passenger side ram , right port to drivers side ram.

Yes the whole "A" valve and coil will swap from an E47 to your E60 , if your E60 has the rectangular coil it is a god idea to get it off of there ASAP , they are a failure waiting to happen.

HTH

TOM

5. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

thanks Tom,It has the round solenoids, I had to mount it with the motor towards the left side as the motor won't clear the support frame. All is working "ok" now, the A solenoid wasn't getting a good ground.

How exactly does the crossover valve work as far as adjusting it? I understand the principal behind it but it has minimal adjustment and the adjusting screw doesn't even stick through.
    I am impressed with how quick it raises, I don't think the angle is any faste though.

6. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I forgot to mention that the motor that I bought (supposed to be a meyer replacement), I had to wire the ground to the D2, and the positive went to D1.
    I broke the little nut off the A valve and found that it wasn't making a good ground, even with the self tapping screw I installed, ( I snapped it trying to tighten it) I ended up tack welding the top. So far so good. :mechanic:

7. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Good to hear you got it up and running Dave .

The motor has D1 and D2 ? Was it an aftermarket?

TOM

8. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Tom, the motor was supposed to be a Meyer motor, who knows...LOL
    It all seems to be working quite well, if the weather warms up this week I'm hoping to get it painted.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-667 R7.pdf

You will need a pressure gage to do it properly