1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick newbie question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowbie, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Plowbie

Plowbie Member

Just finished mounting my plow but havent tried it yet other than hitting the "up" on the joystick. The pump went up without the plow on (about a 1/4 of the way before I stopped).

My question is should it come down without out the plow on it or does it need the weight of the plow on there to do it? When I press down nothing happens. I wont be able to put the actual plow on until this afternoon.

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Yes, it requires the weight of the plow or you can put in the down position and you might be able to push it down by hand. :waving:

3. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Ditto on what the Bossman had to say!!!Rob

4. Plowbie

Plowbie Member

All set. Thanks guys.
    Once I put it on it wouldnt go left/right but I remembered reading on here once to help it the first time and sure enough works great.

5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Left right prob, keep an eye on the couplers. A bad coupler will do the same thing......Rob