1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Newbie Plow Question

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by robertbick, Feb 18, 2008.

1. robertbick

robertbick Junior Member
    from NY

Can someone tell me about how much length the average plow adds to the truck? I just need to know how far the plow sticks out in front to see if the truck I plan on buying will fit in my garage with the plow on it. Thx!

2. dirtyedge

dirtyedge Junior Member
    from se WI

I haven't actually measured it but I would say that my western unimount is an extra 3.5-4 feet in front of truck

3. robertbick

robertbick Junior Member
    from NY

Thanks. As long as they are less then 5 feet I should be able to fit it. I want to be able to back my truck into the garage so I can start plowing as I drive out. I do this now with my Toyota Sequoia & a Snowsport snow plow but will be getting a Silverado 2500HD and a 8' real plow. My garage door is 9' wide and the garage interior is 25.5 feet deep so the 20' Silverado plus plow should fit.