1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick need help with my Boss plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by loyjms, Feb 18, 2015.

1. loyjms

loyjms Member

Went to hook up to my Boss RT3 straight blade this morning and when I went raise the light tower to the truck it didn't go up. When you hit the switch you can hear the pump but the cylinder doesn't move, when you hit the switch down it goes down. I got it hooked up and the plow works flawlessly through the controller.
  2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

ok, so you must have manually pushed it up to lock in the two pins then? Inside the pump box are wires going to the manual switch to raise and lower the plow onto the truck, i guess its possible one wire is lose or not connected, so it knows to run the pump, but doesn't open any or the correct solenoid to flow hydro fluid to the front lift cylinder?
  3. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

I have had that switch go bad on a couple different plows. Also had a ground problem once that caused it to not power up. Pump ran and everything like you are saying. At night I could see sparks when it made contact w the truck frame. But my money is on a bad switch. It is just a double pole double throw switch but it is momentary both ways, so it may not be easy to find one other than Boss dealer.
  4. loyjms

loyjms Member

Ya I just pushed it up manually. I only had a couple seconds so first thing I did was check fluid then pop that cover to check the wires, they all looked good. So I'll probably stop and just grab a switch today. Appreciate it fellas
  5. loyjms

loyjms Member

Well plowed all night and finally had time today to look at it. checked all the wires, switch and coils. They all worked fine. Put the cover back on and took the plow off and it worked fine. So guess it took care of it self.