1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

quick mount system

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by creek1, Jan 26, 2012.

1. creek1

creek1 Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have a new v plow on my 2011 chevy duramax, I love the truck and the plow but when I take off the plow after a storm the back part with the lights always slopes down toward the plow, placing the brackets at a hard angle to reattach. I have to use a skid loader to put the plow back on which is a pain in the butt. It seems like I am doing everything write but if not can someone help me out. Thanks.

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Hiniker 101, you need to put the plow in float and step on the lift cylinder to collapse it, unpug and disconnect, back up. Thumbs Up

3. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I thought new plows came with a stop plate you can use as follows after performing the step mentioned above. I think this kit is available to retrofit your plow if it doesn't have it.

stop plate.jpg

4. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Yep, think the kit retails for around $35.

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Not sure what you need the kit for, none of mine have it?? Just do what NBI said

6. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

My 8' straight didnt have that, but my new V dose. It makes a diff. I have forgot a couple times to flip it up, and it was a PITA getting it hooked up. I use a small car jack to raise it up to the correct hight when this happens....

7. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

just wedge a 2x4 cut to length between the tower and moldboard. After summer storage, my light tower has usually slumped forward so this is how I keep it to hook up that first time in winter.

8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldnt take this advice. Sven, you must be doing it wrong too. They shouldn't fall forward at all, the linkage wont allow to if collapsed properly.

9. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

It's completely safe to do this...I myself have done it when I forget to remove it like I'm supposed to. You can also just push back on the light bridge and put the 2x4 in once it is at the correct angle. Mount then remove the 2x4 and you're good to go. No skid steers or jacks required at all.

10. mzgloves20

mzgloves20 Member

Just remember to put in float and step...4years and no problems with mine...unless the pin for the kickstand wasn't all the way in and it falls over...but I don't know anything about that! :)

11. Hinkler

Hinkler Junior Member

No additional tools required

Drive the truck close to the plow,

plug in the power and control

put plow in float

compress the cylinder as normal, while pushing the pump/light rack into the upright position.

If the power and control cables have enough slack - or the truck has cords loose in bumper or grill, then you can drive straight into the plow as normal.

If the power and control cables are standard length - or the truck still uses a grill plate, then you may need the truck positioned close to the plow, compress the cylinder, disconnect the cables, and drive the truck back into position to align and hook up.

Fewest steps possible? Nice!

12. 1xjayman

1xjayman Junior Member

I have v plow model 1850 from 2000 and this is what ive done for 11 years, after you remove plow push lift frame back up and prop 2x2 or 2x4 between sissors and tower. Just make sure when you hook back up that u remove this before you raise plow.