1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Little Video of my 8' MM1 on my Tundra

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by CaptainJon, Feb 11, 2013.

1. CaptainJon

CaptainJon Junior Member

2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

In your description, who are the "people" you are referring to? If the "buy american because everything else is a pus.sy" stooges, then their opinions don't count to begin with. Its got 4 wheels, 4x4, and some weight to it, it can push a plow. No reason it couldn't (or shouldn't).

Chevy: break the frame at the upper control arm's rear mount.
    Dodge: break all kinds of front end parts.
    Ford: they're really really UGLY.
  3. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Jon went from a 96 f350 7.3 diesel to this truck since he no longer needed a diesel. This truck does pretty well in the deep snow.
  4. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

I will be seriously considering a tundra as my next half ton pick up, The look good, and sure can do a hell of a lot of work for a half ton.
  5. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

Nice job,nice house too.The snow looks very powdery,how does the Tundra due on heavy wet snow?Again,good work.
  6. CaptainJon

CaptainJon Junior Member

yes the snow was a nice and fluffy but the drifts were a lot firmer. If it were heavy I couldn't have waited to push it till the end of the storm. But due to the fact the storm was so bad and I was working for the Fire Department all storm long. Thankfully it wasn't real wet and heavy.
  7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice video. It looks like the Tundra handles the 8' plow very well. A V plow would have been nice with all that snow.
  8. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

seriously ? a toy ota tundra ? for plowing ? serious ?
  9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My Dad has a plow on his Tundra and it will out plow my Chevy 1500 any day of the week. I think the Tundra plows better than the 1989 Chevy 2500 3/4 ton I had.
  10. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Yeah. Why not?