1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

quick led question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by oh8chevy2500, Oct 11, 2009.

1. oh8chevy2500

oh8chevy2500 Senior Member

May be a dumb question but trying to clear it up in my head when I sync up my tir3s and vertex heads do I only have to run a pattern select wire from one head to a momentary switch? Thanks for any help guys

2. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

just to a 12 volt hot supply. Touch the bare wire to it and remove it.

3. oh8chevy2500

I understand how to change the flash patterns but for wiring purposes if I sync 2 heads together would I only use the flash pattern wire off of one to control both heads flash patterns?

4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

to get them synced up properly each one needs a button. they why i set and forget . or if the cust want to change i will use a external flasher like a ULF 44

5. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

the green wire is the sync wire - these get tied together on the vertex's
    the white wire goes to a momentary pushbutton - enables you to cycle thru the patterns
    black is ground - negative side of battery
    red goes to on / off switch to turn the lights on and off

TIR's are
    grey is sync
    wht/vio is scan
    black negative
    red positve 12v
    wired as above like vertex's

6. oh8chevy2500

Okay I understand the wiring of the lights jus for the sake of running less wires I'm wanted to know if I could sync the lights and only run one wire to one lighthead to change the flash pattern on both heads

7. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

I am not sure I have worked with your brand of LED's, however all of the ones I have worked with usually have the ability to be synced together and have patterns changed using only one of their pattern selection wires to a switch, if you chose that route.

8. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

the sync wire can be run one way through all the light no continuous loop needed. the sync wire only makes them flash at the same time. or in alternating patters. its just so they keep pace with eachother.

as for flash patterns. the scan lock wires would have to be tied together separate from the sync wire and then once the scan locks are hooked together yes only one wire would have to go to the momentary switch to change the patterns.

you do not have to run them separate to the momentary switch as long as all the scanlock wires from all the lightheads are tied together. you can change the pattern via 1 wire to the momentary switch.

first you want to set all the patterns individually though. then tie them together because the tirs and vertexes have stage 1 ( simulatnious flash) and stage 2 (alternating flash)

if 2 lights are synced up and both are on stage 1 they flash together i they are both on stage 2 they flash together. to alternate 1 lighthead has to be on stage 1 and the other must be on stage 2. this way they will flash 1 then 2.

in order to set that up. find the flash pattern you want on one light. hook the sync up to the second light then go through and find the same pattern for the second light. they will be flashing at the same time. now on the second light advance the pattern 1 more time and it will go to stage 2 this will now make the 2 lights alternate.

do the same for your vertexes as the Tirs. and you should be all set.

any further questions feel free to PM me.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  9. dognit

dognit Junior Member

You can but you will still have to connect the flash pattern wire from the two lights together. Otherwise you only change the flash pattern of one light. I made the same mistake. Run one wire from the switch to one light but connect the flash pattern wire from both lights together. That way the pattern changes on both lights.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  10. MarcusFF88

MarcusFF88 Junior Member

If HID's are too bright, why dont you just get some Sylvania Silverstar Ultras? They make a big difference from factory to aftermarket and theyre only $40-50 USD.

11. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member