1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick intake question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MTCK, Jan 21, 2002.

1. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

Right now I'm running a edelbrock performer intake on my 83 and square bore performer carb. I'm thinking about going back to a spread bore and was wondering if I can keep this intake. Anyone running a q-jet on a performer intake? Thanks

Marcus

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like the exact same combination I have in my '75 - Performer intake with Q-jet.

There are a couple sets of holes for bolting the carb on, so I don't think you should have any problem that way, and as far as performance goes it works just fine for me. Granted, I have an "RV" cam and spend most of my time in the low to mid range (plow/tow/around town driving, not a lot of highway running) but I still think the combination should work out well for you.

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

The Q-jet fits right on there,like 75 said, I used to run a performer/Qjet,its a nice combo.You should get a fuel econmy increase right away.

4. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

Thanks guys.