1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick homemade backup lights

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NCat496, Dec 23, 2012.

1. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

I made this the other day with 2 tractor lights from napa. They are mounted on a hitch plate with holes wired to a 7 way trailer plug. At least I can replace them quickly if they get backed into a snow pile.

2. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Cheap and dirty. Those 6" lamps can take a beating. I used to have a set under my bumper and left them a lil loose so they can fold back. Passenger side would always melt from the high EGT'S from the cummins.
  3. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Looks good. Nice and simple.. Only thing is, Its better if they are higher up if you're doing driveways and stuff.

But you'll like them because they get hot and keep the snow melted off for the most part.
    I personally like the lights low when salting though.. I also add a little bit of gasket maker/ silicone around the positive wire where it comes out of the assembly and it seems to make them last a little longer
  4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

simple setup should work good
  5. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I use those lights all the time, works great!
  6. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

I just couldn't justify the white night ones if they were to break or get backed into so I thought of this.