1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

quick help,snowdogg wiring on 2015 chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by leigh, Oct 11, 2015.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

2015 Silverado 1500,where to route harness plugs? There are no openings to fit the snowdogg harness through.Do I have to cut grille? Really don't want to hack it up. Thinking about just bringing the harness under the bumper and storing it behind the bumper.Won't even fit through the towhook openings.Thanks,trying to get this done today

2. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Hmm...If only there was a section on this website specific to Chevy trucks. Oh wait, there is....

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Only if there was a section for snowdoggy....oh wait, its been gone for a while now.

4. leigh

from CT

Ha Ha ,you guys are cracking me up!The traffic is so slow on those sub sections it takes days for a reply,thanks for your help

5. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure if it will work, but my Bosses Silverado is a 2013 (so its a different body style) but the plugs come out in a slot right near the license plate. Wish I could get you photos but I'm off at school.

6. coke813

coke813 Member

My western plugs fit through the tow-hook openings.

Bumper B.jpg

7. leigh

from CT

Thanks,I got the plow plug out the drivers side tow hook opening,had to shave a little plastic to push it through.The passenger side has less room for some reason. Another strange thing is you cant remove the tow hooks without taking brackets for bumper off,the bolts hit when you try to remove.I'll figure something out,lots going on, my gmc 4500 is in shop with tranny problems(400 $ tow,5k$ ?) broke a rubber track on my excavator (1200$)and that's just the tip of iceberg!

8. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Cut a straight line from the tow hook opening to the license plate bracket, the plastic should flex so you can get the plug out, and then when the plugs are hidden behind (if there is a place to have them not fall) it should look pretty close to stock, thats essentially what my bosses truck has.

(The cut is literally just one slice through that allows the part to separate and plugs through only when you push it through, hope that makes sense)

9. leigh

from CT

Thanks,ill have to do that,if I slice it instead of cutting with a hacksaw blade it shouldn't be to noticeable.