1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by brickslayer, Nov 20, 2008.

1. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Walking out the door to buy a used 7'6" ultra mount pro plow. It came off a 2000 chevyHD. It doesn't have the isolation box instead it has the relay deal, I think. Will that harness work with my 2000 dodge? I heard that with the isolation box all you need is the light adaptors. What would I need for the older style relay conversion a hole new harness for dodge? Never installed a plow before!
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'd just need the headlight plug in harness for the relay style system to fit the Dodge. Not a major deal.
  3. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Any advantage/disadvantage from that style verse the isolation box?
  4. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I have run both on a 2005 Dodge. I think the iso box was easier to connect. I had a relay go out last year giving me a headlight problem, changed the $8.00 cube and away I went.
  5. Tedd

Tedd Member
    from CT

I may be interested in buying parts you cant use. I am trying to hook up a two plug mm1 to a 02 2500hd. Is system for newer style truck.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not so much on the older trucks as long as the wiring is in good shape...if it's works, use it as is. No point in buying $600 worth of Iso system wiring when all you'd need is a $50 plug in harness for the relay system.