1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

quick help on lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by mike13, Oct 25, 2014.

1. mike13

mike13 Member
    from mass

I hv a lot that that is around 20k sq ft they want the lot cleared an walks cleared an sand/salt mix an they want to do a seasonal contract for only $6k. I don't think it's worth it. I'm in southern mass an there is another lot that is almost 30 sq fft walks an salt sand mix for $9k. An I need to push the snow out a gate which is not an issue unless you go to far an drive over a 30 ft drop (Hazzard pay is extra)
    I'm looking at 1200lbs of sand salt mix for walks an lot an On both they want it plowed every 2 inches. Is that a good price or should I separate the sanding an charge separately.
    Any help would be great.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Counter it or walk. Give them a seasonal with salt extra.

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I think you need a new keyboard, the letter "d" doesn't seem to be working.

That would be a great price where I am. I don't think you will go through that much sand/salt either, that would be a heavy application.

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Care to show a photo of it

5. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

On the $6000 seasonal..
    I calculate you would make about $75 for each push and each sanding and be doing the walks for free.

6. mike13

mike13 Member
    from mass

Ya i plan in it thanks

7. mike13

mike13 Member
    from mass

I think it's a decent price an the salt is on the high side for the all ice events

8. mike13

mike13 Member
    from mass

I was thinking that too that.an for the walks that's one thing that's never free. Between both properties it's close to 2k feet long

9. mike13

mike13 Member
    from mass

Thanks guys. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics on here. I'm on my cell so i have the mobile site not regular site

10. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

here is a start .012 x sq. ft
    labor & material
    i know regional rates vary :laughing:

11. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

http://www.findlotsize.com/

12. mike13

mike13 Member
    from mass

Here's the lots

Screenshot_2014-10-25-18-43-05.jpg

Screenshot_2014-10-26-16-45-06.jpg

13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

6k for each is a little better,still plus salt.

14. Antlerart06

You using just a truck or you putting a skid in there or a tractor

15. mike13

mike13 Member
    from mass

I'll be running a total of 5 trucks 4 plow an one sander with to spreaders for the walks an snow blowers. I do have one more lot that the same management company is paying me a per push at 250 including sad/salt on parking lot an pure salt on walks an stairs but that lot is a one truck one shoveled that will take no more then an hour to do. One property has a lot on the street side that we need to move from there an around to the back lot so its going to take a little musical trucks

16. mike13

mike13 Member
    from mass

6k for one an 9k for the other

17. Antlerart06

Sound like you have the trucks
    Those lots can be a pain I have few and I use a Skid on them with a truck or a tractor

Good luck this season

18. mike13

mike13 Member
    from mass

Thanks for the insight guys. But what's the best way to price out salt/sand mix by pound or application

19. Antlerart06

Flat rate per visit figure at a high rate For like a Ice Storm So in a snow cleaning you might only use half the rate and you should know your rate or your spreader guy should know

20. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

and i slept at a holiday inn last nite :waving: