1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

quick door question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Detroitdan, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

will Suburban front doors fit on a pickup, or are they different? I have a 93 Sub and a 97 pickup, so the same body style. The doors look the same.
  2. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Should'nt be a problem, I know LMC lists new door shells for 88-98 GM trucks and doesent specify different models, so I would figure they are all the same for these years.
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

i would be careful and measure them and check the latches ,i believe they are shorter .
  4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

good idea with the LMC truck catalog. I looked up the part number for trucks and then looked up the part number for suburbans, they list the same exact part number for door shells for trucks, subs and tahoes.
    Now I need to decide if I want to swap over my doors and right front fender then donate the Sub, or go through with the original plan and replace the oil pump, both bumpers and grill then drive it.

I have a line on a 93 GMC pickup that would donate both doors and a fender to the 97 pickup, and both bumpers to the Sub. Just don't know if that's going to come through or not.
  5. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

They are the same.