1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Disconnects

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Jaynen, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Not using the search button because I need a post count of 10. Sorry. Anyways I hooked up my plow and was operating it and it seems like its leaking a little at the quick disconnects. Is it normal to leak a little at these, or swap them out and get new ones, they are a bit rusty. Thanks.
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Not normal at all. They should seal tight after they're connected.
  3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Run to delta and grab new ones... you'll run your pump empty in no time... Grab a extra hydrulic line or two with all the fitting just for good measure and carry it with you in your truck
  4. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Is it okay to buy stuff from Princess Auto?
  5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

You can, but I dont know, I always buy all OEM stuff when it comes to snow... Snow is my biggest revenue and I'd rather pay a few $ more and know im getting the good stuff and not have any problems opposited to cheap power fist $h!t from princess... But thats just me, also, your left and right angle cylinders have different legnths of hose... Found that out again yesterday... Luckly I had a brand new longer one just kicking around the shop...

Quick disconnects are $20 per set from Delta
    Angle cylinder hoses are $33

just so you know
  6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Buy both the male and females, and replace all of the Quick Connects, its not worth not doing.

Triple L is right, stock a few lines also. If yours looks cracked or dry rotted just replace them now, so u dont have to in the snow.
  7. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Okay I will do that up and see what happends. I never delt with hydraulic quick disconnects, just for garden hoses, lol, and those always leak on me no matter how much I pay.
  8. mmaddox

mmaddox Member

You could also look at just replacing the O-rings.
  9. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

I just replaced them and no leaks now.
  10. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Get a 5 gallon bucket and throw still use-able stuff in it when you replace it with new. It's saved my butt a few times to have a part to fix something at 3 in the morning. I replaced a pump solenoid just to make sure it was new. One went out on the contractors truck. I had it back in service in 10 minutes at 2 in the morning with my old one.
  11. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Did mine two years ago with P.A. ones and no issues.