1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Disconnect Problem?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by hobbyjeep, Feb 23, 2010.

1. hobbyjeep

hobbyjeep Member

Older western plow would not turn left. All valves checked OK, but replaced coils and 3 and 4 way valves due to snow storm arriving. After installation, plow still not turning left (jerked). About two weeks ago, my son we replaced left cylinder ram/hose quick disconnect had a bad feeling and replaced it last night and it fixed it.

Here is the question, after I took it off, I connected the two parts together and could blow through it (?). Question is why would it not flow fluid on the cylinder... but was clear after removed? After new quick disconnection installed, plowed all last night with not problem.

Any ideas what is going on here?
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

the coupler is wearing out internally. 1500 psi pushes the coupler part way open, pushing the ball off the seat.