1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

quick detachable box ends or wings?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by scooterdayton, Dec 9, 2008.

1. scooterdayton

scooterdayton Junior Member

Anybody have and ideas?
    i have 7&half hiniker on a 2500 chevy.
    i added a lot this year thats so huge i really need wings or box ends,
    im sure all of you know how old a straight blade gets in a lot.
    the rest is residential and a few smaller lots that i really
    dont want the wings on.

this lot is smooth so i shouldnt have to worry about tripping, and i can stack it later,
    but i was wondering if any of you have heard of a way to quickly attach something to the sides with some clamps, pins or whatnot.
    it sure wouldnt have to be anything special.

i know it may sound rediculouse but if you have seen something or have any ideas on building or welding something that could be putt on and taken off quick please let me know.
    thanks guys!

2. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

look up pro wings... add 22" inches to your plow and take about 30 sec to take on and off. bout $200 rthrough central parts warehouse

3. scooterdayton

scooterdayton Junior Member

oh crap those only take 30 seconds. figured theyd be a pain in the ass.
    well thatd may be the way to go then. thanks!

4. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

If you do a Google search for "surplus conveyor belt" you'll find companies with leftover 1 1/4" material to make rubber box ends. Check ebay as well. There are links in the thread I attached also. I left a "foot" on the backside of each which helps corral the snow when back-dragging. These made a huge difference when doing a large lot and didn't affect small drives. Maybe $80 shipped depending on size/circumstances, seems like that's what it cost me. Cutting and drilling involved just like the Pro-wings. Might work for you if you're handy. Still working for me. They flex alittle as the edge wears down.

Pics here...
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=58188

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  5. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

The Hiniker box ends atach and detach very quickly. They don't add any width but do mave moving snow around much better.