1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick books Pro

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by On a Call, Apr 7, 2015.

1. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Does anyone run this program for accounting ?

I am taking over my accounting and thought about using this program. I started using it but found some glitches that I am not happy about.

The biggest being... I am not able to set up a different line item price for each customer. Example, customer A gets plowed for 150.00 per push. Customer B gets plowed for 250.00 per push. The program will allow me to put in Plowing as a line item, but it will not allow a different price for each customer.

Any thoughts ???

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

3. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Set your customers up as sub items. So item 1- commercial plowing with your description of process. Then create new item, number it 1A - name it Conoco and enter your price. Should be a box to check to make it a sub item of existing item. Check that box.

Item 1B - Phillips 66 enter price. Check box.

Item 1C ........ and so on. Then when you make out bill, you enter 1B and it should pull up your customer with the price you assigned them and description.

4. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Caught with my pants down :)

I thought why not never know what shakes out in the wash

But....at least I did not use plowing in the description

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  5. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Derek I think I understand, but not fully.

In order for that to work will I not have to have a list for each customer ?

6. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

I PM'd you my #, but it's getting late. Call me tomorrow, I'd be happy to talk and see if I can help you. Easier/quicker to talk than type.

7. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Okay, thank you.

8. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

That is not the right way to do that. I cost me a lot of money to find the right answer to that issue and I wont share it openly but I will say that there is a way to set up customer specific pricing. pm me I may share.

9. Turbs3000

Turbs3000 Junior Member
    from Midwest

You can use price levels within Quickbooks to display discounts, additional charges, or specific pricing that will override the base rate on a service per customer.
    Snowman, not sure how it cost you a lot of money to find it as calling or emailing Quickbooks would have worked, or... Google. Also, why post if you aren't willing to share info, do you just like to hear people beg for your help?

10. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Why hide it? Isn't the point of a forum to help each other learn better faster and more profitable ideas??

11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Same reason I didn't give out all my experiences with liquids publicly.

12. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

............:popcorn:

13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Empting your pee bag on the ground don't count.

14. Mark Oomkes

Way to burst my bag.

15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Gross:eek:

16. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

I said pm me and I will talk about it. I am not giving away knowledge I to paid for to guys I compete with. I will say hiring "an expert" to audit my use of quickbooks was money well spent.

17. Mark Oomkes

I didn't say it was my colostomy bag............

18. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

You just set up each client as a sub item of say snowplowing,each cust has the various billing options.When you make out an invoice just enter name and choose the item and your all set.All my cust have all billing options listed and I just choose the one that applies.Maybe I'm missing something but it's quite basic.

19. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Thats one one my issues with Q B pro. I've used it for so many years & just got used to adjusting the price for each invoice I create.

20. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Your reasoning I completely understand. But book keeping? Kinda throws me for a loop.