1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

quick blower vid

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Dec 17, 2010.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

i snapped while cleaning up the hoa. we stopped in to make sure everythign looked up to par after the big storm we got earlier this week. I was widening up the road here.

2. dmcarpentry

dmcarpentry Senior Member
    from maine

looks great, are your time and cost estimates for that HOA what you were expecting ??
  3. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

what size is the blower on that skidsteer?
  4. PTSolutions

i actually overestimated our time requirements, i calc'd it at about 4hrs total completion time, most times we can finish everything within 2hrs. We have been salting a bit more than I expected, but it may just be this part of the season. I estimated for 60 applications with a salt cost of 97 per ton, and I ended up pre-ordering salt at 73 per ton, so I think I'll be safe with that.

its an 85" erskine hi flo model.

BDEMOTT Senior Member

is that a typical mark-up for salt in your area it seems pretty low. Not bashing or calling low ball but just wondering.
  6. PTSolutions

typical picked up prices are in the 90-105 range, but they cut you a good break if you pre order. I paid for 40tons up front and they gave me a price of 68 per ton plus tax. The truck gets a number when you weigh it at the beginning of the season then they look up your tare weight when you get on the scale so you only scale after you are loaded.

then they keep a running log of how much salt ive used up out of my 40tons.

i priced everything at about 110 per ton b/c i wasnt planning on pre-ordering.