1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick AWDirect Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DeereFarmer, Nov 26, 2007.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I just bought some lights through AWDirect.com. This is the first time I've ordered stuff from them through the internet, so I set up an account. Now I can't figure out how to log out. I'm paranoid about people stealing my info, so I always like to log out of things like that. Does anyone know how?

Edit: OK, so it logged out on it's own. Just to make this thread a little more interesting, does anyonone know if there is a button to log out manually?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Not sure, we buy from them alot, over the phone, In fact there # 32 on my phone :):)

Sorry there is no log out button

3. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Just close your browser...

Most sites that require an account set up for purchases have a "log out" but some don't...test it by just closing your browser after logging in and see if you need to "log in" again when you go back to that site. If you do need to re-login, your account will have been closed....maybe a more internet savvy person will confirm this or add to it??

4. DeereFarmer

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Most of the time once you send the order your set. It would have you re-enter the credit card info if someone orders something.
    Clear your cookies and the site will not remember you.
    Do not answer need your information updated E-mails. It's a fishing expedition by a info stealer. Do not click remember info on credit card numbers or your personal info. When you do business on the INTERNET make sure you have a virus scan and it's up to date. I schedule virus / spy ware scans daily and it updates daily. Broadband needs a firewall installed. I have a broadband network of 3 computers at my house so I keep it all up to date.

6. DeereFarmer

Good tips Mick. I never hit the remember me button, I clear the cookies a lot and all my virus scans/ firewalls are up to date. I don't take any chances. Safe se_... I mean interneting only.

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have been on the INTERNET since 94 so I have seen it grow huge. Back then it was $2 an hour, it's come a long way!
    You just have to be careful with what you do. People pray on the uninformed and ignorant.

8. DeereFarmer

Well I got my lights today! Shipped to my door in under 40 hours with just standard shipping. Amazing.