1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Attach Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TL100, Oct 22, 2005.

1. TL100

TL100 Junior Member

I'm looking for a plow with a skid steer quick attach mount. Have any of you guys used one of these and if so which one is best. I was looking into a Sno-Way.

2. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

I spent quite a few days looking for the same thing with no luck. I have been seriously thinking about fabricating one (I did speak with the Boss engineers) for my Toolcat. If you do a search, you will see I posted asking if anyone had done this before for one of my Boss 8-2 V's. Let me know if you find one!

Tim

3. getmydrift

getmydrift Member

v plow

hey timm9 I see by your signature, you are pushing around a v plow,I am going to buy a new plow soon, and undecided about straight vs v plow. can you add any insight, I plow mostly vacation rentals, a few church lots and small business lots. I also do a lot of back dragging of driveways when the snow is less than 6 in. deep. for deeper stuff we use bobcats with blower. I have kind of narrowed down to western which has back drag attachment. Western I can get quite a bit cheaper than Boss, but have to visit my mother in law in utah . all the dealers around here have jacked up their prices too much. I can save over a grand, even with paying price for diesel.Hey thanks talk to you later.

4. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

Get My Drift,

Yes, I actually have 3 Boss 8-2 V's which are used for larger accounts like schools, commercial, etc. as well as driveways. If you do a search on this site you will see that everybody has a "favorite" brand and model. I can only speak for myself when I say that I am very pleased with the Boss V's. I also run two Toolcats with blowers and snow buckets. The Toolcat/blower combination is excellent for any snow depth, and virtually the only thing that works when it gets really deep, as it does in your area when the burms get 3 to 5 feet tall and frozen hard. There are very few instances were the Boss V's can not handle an account that has been maintained "with the storm". The Boss V's are wonderful for the larger jobs. I have one account (grammer school) that takes about 2 1/2 hours with the Boss V and with a "straight" blade you can add 30 to 45 minutes to do the same job. IMHO, I would not purchase a straight blade for any of the work I do.

Designs and engineering has advanced quite a bit as of late and I'm sure there are other brands out there that are as good or possibly better. The best advice is to buy what you like, and what you can get serviced quickly, cost effectively, and easily. You are the one that will be using it and servicing it.

I was not aware that Boss prices had gone up that much. The last one I bought was a little less that 2 years ago from the dealer in Carson City. I do know that the price of my newest Toolcat vs. the last one went up almost 10 percent in less than 8 months. I do know that when I was first searching for Boss blades I did find a dealer in the mid-west/east that was substancially cheaper. I'm not sure what shipping would be today, but at the time it was worth it if I was planning on doing my own install which is almost a 2 day job.

Hope I answered your questions. If not let me know and I will do my best.

Tim

5. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member