1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

quick advice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by k&j Landscaping, Dec 9, 2012.

1. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

I have a 2010 chevrolet 3500hd dually dump with the vyu factory plow prep pkg. and 4800lb. rated frt. end. I am having a western blade installed tomorrow and was thinking wideout but am a little concerned about the weight of the blade, nearing 1000#. I am installing timbrens in the frt. end also. The western quickmatch says it should be fine along with a few competitors around here. Thoughts from plowsite members to confirm my decision. Other option was a 8.5 pro plus but people I have talked to say wideout. let me know your thoughts. I will be carrying about a ton of ballast in bed since not salting this year.
  2. PushnSnow

PushnSnow Junior Member

I have an 8611LP on my Dodge 2500. I'm sure I'm over recommended weight, and I'll probably have a little more wear on the front end of the truck than with a lighter plow. For me I feel the extra production I can get out of an 11 foot wide blade that goes into scoop at almost 10 feet wide will offset the added wear and tear on the truck. I wouldn't buy anything besides the wideouts or the blizzard power plows myself because of the extra production I get out of them. I've run v plows and have one that came on my ford. I hate them compared to the wideout/blizzards.
  3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sure you'll be fine on that truck. Gas or diesel? Either way... Timbrens and a few cranks on the bars and you'll be good.
  4. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Truck is gas with 4.10 locking differential
  5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

That's an even better scenario than with the diesel. Less weight on the front axle to start with. You'll be fine with the Wide-Out on that truck.
  6. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

Wide-out all the way if it was me. Actually no I'd get an XLS for the trip edge.