1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quick,,a question and pic before I buy a new A coil

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by berg, Nov 30, 2010.

1. berg

berg Member
    from utah

so I put an ohm meter on my coil and set the ohm meter at 200 - here are the results.. coil should be good -right?

when I jump the coil to a 12 volt jump box I get no magnetism on the metal housing...
    whats up with that?

coil-test-005.gif

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  2. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

I know there are others here that will know what the resistance should be....however it could be the coil has shorted against the inside of the cap too, so it's not working properly as current isn't going through all the windings. Maybe check the resistance on the b and c coils to give you an idea?

3. wva

wva Member

:waving:
    magnetism will be on the in side if good not outside. When you check it on the pump the nut/top of valve will have magnetism that why the housing might have magnetism :waving:

4. berg

berg Member
    from utah

wow... thanks for that - that makes sense and I do have good magnetism

inside the coil... I appreciate the help..

gotta look to the valve and filter now

5. wva

wva Member

glad to help :waving: