1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

queston for the experts re: fisher mm

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Merc1100sc, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Concerning installing a 7.5 fisher minute mount, are 99-03 chevy 1500's all the same. are the plow frames the same? wiring harnesses? etc? any info is greatly appreciated... thanks
  2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

99-02 1/2ton Chevys will use the same truck mounts and wire harness,the 03's changed all together.
  3. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Hmm. So, I have an '03, which mens I can use the same headset but I would need different mounts and wiring harnesses? Correct?
  4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Correct,Fisher sells a "truck side" kit that includes new mounts and wiring.
    Once your mounts are on the truck,you can "hook up" to any MM1 or MM2 plow's headgear although your electrical connections will be different.I'm assuming you have a SEHP pump,if thats the case you could actually hook up and use any MM1 plow with a SEHP pump.
  5. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

I dont have a plow anymore. A bunch of my buddies have MM's from 99-01 chevy's they are willing to sell, but, as you stated, they wont work completely. I'll have to buy mounts and harnesses. Now, arent they harnesses for 03's actually new computers alltogether or something like that. Doesnt everything, with the exception of the lights, just plug in?
  6. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Some late MM1's have the newer Insta-Act hydraulics with the 3 plug hook up and divorced pump/lift cyl versus the 2 plug harness and unitized pump and lift cylinder associated with SEHP. If you are able to do so I would try to acquire a used plow with Inst-act as it is a definite improvement over SEHP and as the newer system the harnesses should be around for quite a while (for future transfers).
  7. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

thanks for all the info guys...
    now i have to start hunting for one..
  8. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

Watch what frame you get for the truck side they make 2!!!! one is for the fancy truck so it clears all that molded plastic in the front.