1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

questions on the blizzard plows

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by rev600, Aug 21, 2009.

1. rev600

rev600 Junior Member

ok guys i have a few questions , i have the blizzard 810 on my dodge 3/4 ton truck. i seen and like the blizzard speedwing alot. can you guys tell me what the price tag is on the speedwing . and if i would go with the speedwing what would i have to buy , just plow and controller ?
    can i use the frame from my 810 and what about the wire harness and lights can that be reused.
    i like to switch plows but also like to keep the cost down.

thanks guys !

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

You wouldn't need to buy anything, as long as you buy an 09 or earlier SW. The new 2010 models will not work.

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

It might be cheaper to buy a complete plow and sell the parts you don't need.

4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

If you're in Erie, why not check with Jerre? I was going to buy a new speedwing from him a couple months ago, just the plow, but decided on an 810 instead (had him go through it too). I know Jerre will sell just the plow, and will treat you right in the process.

If you're used to an 810, why consider a speedwing? Is this for an additional truck, or are you talking about trading? The 810 is far more versatile and can move a little more snow than a speedwing. You'd be downgrading IMO.

As far as the mount and wiring, rsvees has it covered, everything you have now will work with the speedwing, just hook it up and go. Same mount and harness, and the power plow controller will work as well, minus the wings of course.

5. jitaly

jitaly Junior Member

Hey everyone, im new to the world of plowing and was curious on your feedback. I have a F350 i plan on plowing with but have no idea what kind/size of plow to get. I have mostly residential accounts, only a handful of commercial. What do you guys recommend for a beginner?

6. 3311

3311 Senior Member

I was under the impression that Jerre is not a Blizzard dealer anymore !

7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

jitaly, where are you from?

get an 810 IMO

8. wizardsr

What does that matter? Did he suddenly turn stupid now that he's not officially listed as a dealer on the Blizzard website? Jerre's forgotten more about the Blizzard line than most "dealers" will ever know, and I'd trust buying a plow from him long before I ever would from my local dealer. :dizzy:

9. 3311

3311 Senior Member

If you're in Erie, why not check with Jerre? I was going to buy a new speedwing from him a couple months ago.

I guess I don't understand how you could buy a plow from someone who doesn't sell them anymore, that's all. That would be the difference it would make !

10. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

He can still get them, the same as you and I can get them.

11. wizardsr

He had a new 860 speedwing in his inventory that I was going to buy, but I decided the new truck I was setting up would be better off with an 810. Whether or not he still has it, I dont know. He has quite a bit of inventory, new and used, with good used equipment coming in every day. Should be a no brainer to buy from Jerre if a guy is already so close, that was my point.

Why you and your buddy Ron feel the need to keep chastising the guy just because he made a personal decision not to work with DD is beyond me. Talk about beating a dead horse... :rolleyes:

12. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Not sure but wouldn't you call that the "Black Market" I mean when a non-authorized dealer is selling as a dealer without purchasing form the MFG direct would you not consider those items "contraband".

Are the plows falling off the back of trucks in Erie, PA? We all know that warranty issues are of no concern to anyone buying in Erie, PA as Erie Specials DO NOT carry a DD MFG warranty. But that is why you drive to Erie so when your plow fails (never does it is an Erie Special) you can bring it back to Erie for the warranty repair.

I mean seeing how "ALL" other Blizzard are stupid and from the Wizers' mouth Jerre has forgotten more then any other dealer will ever know about Blizzard. Damn good reason for the MFG to remove him from the authorized dealer list. OH, no Jerre quit the autorized dealer program. I really like it when a quiter it working on something I am buying and it is even better when the something he is working on that I am buying is the something he quit.

I guess as long as the Authorized dealer still have not forgotten where to send their payments too they will reamain stupid dealer and that stupid Blizzard web site that DD uses to let buyers know where they can make a purchased that WILL be back by DD can be found. But who wants to have to deal with all that nonsense when a Sticker and blue sharpie can resolve/replace any smart business pratice.

Here is a question that really leaves me thinking "WHY" I am sure Wizer will know the answer. WHY if DD is so bad and going to run the brand into the ground would a NON-Authorized dealer be so motovated to continue to deliver a product that he himself will tell anyone that will listen and even the ones that do not want to hear they too will be told how poorly built DD Blizzard plows are? "WHY?????"

I will be waiting because I am sure the answer will be full of very useful information that will help all Blizzard owner even the NON-Erie Special Onwer much the wiser.

Rev600,

Do a search on 810PP and 860SW here in the Blizzard forum it has been covered several times. No one can give you advice on what plow to use or what cross compatability makes sense for you with out knowing what you are plowing currently, what you will be planing on plowing in the future, and what it are wanting to see in return for your inital investment. I know this might seem like meaningless information but as a business operator I have only listed a few of the things that most would give consideration to before making a purchase of any plow.

Best, Ron G.

13. wizardsr

Ron, once again you've put your foot in your mouth, you clearly have no idea WHY Jerre is no longer a dealer. :rolleyes:

But I guess I just cant argue with you, since you seem to believe you know everything.

Yet another Blizzard thread turned into a Jerre bashing... Good job guys, this forum would be so boring without you gracing us with your presence. :dizzy:

Best, The Wizer

PS, why are you such a damn pessimist? They have meds for that you know... ;)

14. 3311

3311 Senior Member

""Why you and your buddy Ron feel the need to keep chastising the guy just because he made a personal decision not to work with DD is beyond me. Talk about beating a dead horse""

I'm not here to bash anyone. I had a valid point to ask how someone can be selling a product that he is not authorized to sell, that is all.. When I go to my local dealer
    " R.A Adams " and ask for a Boss plow he tells me that he no longer is a dealer and I would have to go somewhere else to get it. Simple.

15. snocrete

snocrete Banned

WOW his thread went 2 sh*t quick.....didn't seem like anybody was offending your boyfriend Wiz, just asking questions....I think Wiz should get the Jerre suck a** award of the century.....like I said, I know these are good plows. So this thread interests me. Hopefully my dealer will start carrying them. Lets try and get back on track.

P.S. Jerre, take no offense to my comments. I have had nothing but good experiences dealing with you......but this guy has got to be a little embarassing.

16. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Not sure of the source of this information BUT it still leaves the question "WHY" if someone did not want to work with a MFG would he still be selling the product line VIA OTHER MEANS????

Wiz,

I am the way I am because I can be and I. You too get ot be the person you chose to be withthe freedom to do so because people like me having given served 12 years in this great counrties military so each of us can be ourself. You might remember at your hand and a few others I was forced to learn the ugly truth about speaking out against Erie Special modification would have its punishment. That has not and will never sit well with me. It is for that reason I will denounce the Erie process at every turn. So even after the dead horse has been beaten to a pulp I will continue to beat that horse until not one can even remember where Erie, PA is on the map.

As for your medical view I could really careless but, I am sure you will be telling us all how you took a first aid class as a boy scout on one of your trips to Erie and that makes you a Doctor and I should be adressing you Dr. Wiser. You can be assured as time goes on more and more people will be talking out about their TURE Erie experience as time is the ture measure of all things.

BTW, still trying to work your way back into the LTS fold I see. Take a look in the mirror it might be you in need of the meds, co-dependancey is no joking matter. How is the Cable business?

Snocrete,

Blizzard plows are not for everyone. Just like with any equipment many things need to be taking into consideration. Seems like you do not have local dealer support for Blizzard andthat is what is keeping you form using this product? Dealer support is very high on my list of items to consider when I am looking into equipment purchase. Now you could just drive to Erie, PA for what we can call for now the Black Market Erie Special (not sure you cna fit all that on a sticker) or find a local dealer VIA the Blizzard authorized dealer network. Should you have any questions about Blizzard directly please post them as many here how are buying frmo authorized dealers within at least in the same state them operate in can give you some real life feedback. Steve and I surely are not the only Blizzard plow onwer in the IL market.

Did I mention I own a Erie Special (#51) the only 810built right here in Chicago and the blue sharie writing can priove it?

Oh, I can see Wiser being given that award in the Erie, PA shop right next to the cot he has sleep on during many of his visit just below and nest to the famous Father Fred poster and flat screen on the wall. I am sure it would be broadcast one the Erievision Network and like paid pre-view you would have to dial in your Erie Special plow number and a unqiue ID like JERRE IS GREAT to get access.

Ron G.

17. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

What the hell is going on here!! :confused::help:

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yo Scottie, where's the popcorn cart?

Long, long, loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng story.

19. wizardsr

I'll be sure to remember that the next time you post Blizzard mounts for sale. You're not a Blizzard dealer are you? Clearly, you shouldn't be selling them, since you're not "authorized". How about that salt? Are you an authorized dealer? Your reasoning is idiotic at best.

I'm not "sucking anyone's ass", I'm correcting wildly inaccurate information being posted by a bunch of pessimists that can't accept another guy's success in business. The high school mentality of beating another down to make yourself feel better is running wild here, that's all there is to it.

Ron, haven't been in the "cable business" (actually retention if you must know) in 2 years, thanks for your concern. Any more questions to prove how out of touch you are??? :dizzy:

You're the most pessimistic person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. I really wish you'd do something about that, you must be so miserable and just drive yourself crazy.

20. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Here it is MarkO.

Sorry it took me so long I had to read the entire thread first. :laughing:

[​IMG]

And getting longer by the minute I take it.