1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Questions on subitting a bid

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by 85F150, Jan 5, 2005.

1. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

I have only done residentials and one commercial account. I haven't had to really submit any bid for the residentials and the commercial, i worked there and just had an informal conversation with the maintence guy of how i plow and at what increments and he asked if i wanted to plow for them.

Well now i am planning on submitting a bid (next fall or so) for an apartment complex i will be living at while in college. Should i just submit a statement that says how much per push of 3", then 4-8", then 12+, cost for sidewalk 12" and under.

I know i am missing something but like i said this will be my first true bid on something and i want to get all the details right. thanks for the harsh feedback :D

2. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

i am also interseted in this. anybody who has a format that they use please let me know how you set up ur prices and what do you do to protec yourself from gettin suied. so pretty much how do you have you commerical accounts set up?

thanks
    andrew

3. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Use the "search" tool....there have been many posts on this subject & alot offer their version of contracts. This would be a good place to start.

4. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

One of the first things you should do is make contact with the proper person for the complex and find out if they have a spec sheet. They might already have in writing what is to be plowed, salted, and when. Then all you have to do is price it accordingly and incorate their specs into your contract.

If they dont have a spec sheet. Ask questions. Find out what they are looking for as far as service and response time and write all their answers down. Write the specs into your contract based on your plowing knowledge and the customers wants and needs.

Ray

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  5. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

thanks for the response....i was planning on gettin good buddies with the maintence man and see what he required and what not and how he would like it submitted. I figured he took care of everthing since the owner of the place lives about an hour and a half away....if i do get it, it will be a good excuse for a new snowblower for all the sidewalks since mine is in need of a rebuid of everything :D