1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

questions on a 3/4 ton

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by IPLOWSNO, Nov 17, 2008.

1. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

im lookin at a 03 04 ford with 150000 miles on it, it has a 5.4 ill be lookin to put a plow on it . whats the downfalls and gas milege and price for a truck in decent shape? thanks guys

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

gas mileage wont be spectacular, my uncles 03 f-350 5.4 gets 13-14.5 in town, not sure on his highway numbers. price wise with the 5.4 and that much mileage on the rig i wouldnt pay over 5 grand if the trucks in nice shape with the truck market like it is.

3. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

The 5.4's are good engines. Reliable and should last a long time. Not gonna win any races with it though. The 3 valves should be better on gas that the 2 valves. My 01 got 10-11mpg avg. Plowed just fine though. Never had any trouble.

4. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

he said he wanted 7 i told him xmas is coming. ill beat him up on xmas eve lol

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The 5.4 gets about the same MPG's as the V-10 but hasALOT less power to push snow. I would look for a V-10. With 150K on it his price is wayyyy high.

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Unless the engine is newer or it has a brand new tranny, 7 grand is outrageous for that truck with market the way it is!

7. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Better yet, buy an diesel!

:gunsfiring: