1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Questions on 1989 Sno-Way

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Hawkc01, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Hawkc01

Hawkc01 Member

Just purchased an 89 steel sno-way (model s-2388) which has a 23" blade height and 7'4" width. this is the orange era as some of you may remember. anyway here are my questions.

1. what can or should i do to improve the performance and longevity of this plow?

2. what parts should i keep on hand for repair or preventative main?

3. can deflectors be added to this plow (top and side deflectors)?

thanks for your input.

2. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Step back for one moment. Did the plow include the mounting hardware for your vehicle? If not you may find it difficult or expensive to mount the plow.

3. Hawkc01

Hawkc01 Member

Good question.

Yes, I was able to purchase a used, but upgraded, mounting bracket for my truck that included a new bolt kit.

Thanks for asking.

4. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Go through the plow, pump, hoses, wiring, and inspect everything. At a minimum flush and fill the hydraulic fluid. Check the bushings, seals, and lube everything.

Tighten everything.

For any plow you should have a spare hose or two, pins, fluid, a spare solenoid, and lynch pins.

You should be able to affix a variety of deflectors and wings to that plow.

5. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Hawkc01 Would you like some spare parts for your old "orange" SnoWay?
    I think I have a good pair of used cylinders and an a-frame with the cylinder still there, I would make you a great deal on them.
    Not that you should need them but I know that they are not off the shelf items anymore.
    :rolleyes: John......................

6. Hawkc01

Hawkc01 Member

Yes, I would be interested. I will get in touch with you soon. The plow is actually in "mint" condition, but you never know. My neighbor used it to plow his blacktop driveway and it was always stored inside. He said $300 and you dont have to pay me until you start plowing. Wow! He's a great American.