1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Questions for pro wings users

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oldmankent, Jan 25, 2005.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I think I'm going to try and put some prowings on my snoway. One question before I go ahead and get them though. The snoway plow is very round for rolling snow better. Due to its roundness, do you guys think the prowings will even fit the plow? Or will the prowing flaps fill in the blade no problem? Also, I've read that people have better luck putting poly edges on their prowings, than the rubber edges. How do the prowings trip. If you catch one, does it trip the plow or are the rubber edges just supposed to fold over? If they don't trip the plow and just fold over, then how do the poly edges work. Do they trip the plow or just stop you dead, or bend the prowings? I might also fab up some extensions like wyldman uses on his plows http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=7403. The extensions would add more weight though, which I am hesitant to do. Anyway, how do the prowings trip guys? thanks, Nick.
  2. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Powings will trip with your blade if you have a full trip blade.
    If you have a trip edge then they will not trip with the blade.
    If you hit something like a manhole cover with just the wing then the rubber flap will just bend under as you ride over it.
    If you hit something hard like a curb then you will bend the prowing.

I do recommend the prowings they make a huge difference in what you can carry on your blade.

But they are bent easily and do not scrape hard pack well.
    If you have a welder they are easy to reinforce.
    Hope this helps
  3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Mebes, so are you saying that if I catch my plow edge on my full trip blade that the prowings will fold over with the plow. That I get. Am I understanding this right though, that if I'm running a poly edge on the prowing and it catches that the plow will not trip but the prowing will bend?
  4. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

What is a good way to reinforce the wings, and where do you get the poly edges. I love the wings but the problem I have is they bend sometimes and then the rubber just kind of folds under and doesnt scrape up that well. I tried to put a bolt through the top of the rubber edge to keep it from bending in the middle ,worked a little better but not that great.
  5. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

The prowings are made out of thin metal and will bend if hit to hard.
    I would think that with a poly or U edge odds are better that it will hop over the obstruction.
    But if you catch it hard they will bend.

jrodgers.... You just need to weld a piece of steel to the backside of the wing to reinforce it.
  6. JMR

JMR Senior Member