1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Questions for NJ Guys

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by EGLC, Aug 9, 2010.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

OK, I have a few questions. I am going to need subs this winter and have a guy in mind but I want to make sure his pricing is fair.

What are you guys charging/getting charged for a truckload of snow removed (roughly 20yds)??
    What are you guys getting charged for a loader with just bucket?

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Most guys we use work hourly. A tandem or tri-axle is about $125Hr, Loader goes by bucket size generally and starts around 125hr for a 1yd or 4x4 backhoe or comparable loader, can get pricey with larger machines. If you shop around you may do better. If you have long standing relationships with supply yards and or trucking companies making deliveries for you start there...........

3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

thanx man! btw that property in clifton never got back to me. they wanted someone who was willing to give them a firm number for any possible debris that could be dumped there from other people and i wouldnt do it haha

4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Smart Move man.....

Do you have contacts for guys with trucks/plows you won't need this winter? I have a big office park that I'm pretty sure we'll get over your way.

Will need a couple trucks and 2 drivers for ours, one CDL.

Thanks

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

The guy where I park has 3 backhoes, 1 loader, 2 grades, a mack s/a w/ plow and salter and 2 pickups. I know he does quite a few banks (I help cover his route). I can ask him if he wants to take on more work.

PM me your contact info.

6. joecz80

joecz80 Junior Member