1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

questions for newbie

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by skinut2234, Jan 26, 2005.

1. skinut2234

skinut2234 Member
    from NJ

OK- it looks like I am going with the Arctic 7.5' power angle- Local guy gave me good price....
    Couple of questions... How hard is it to get the blade on an off?? I'm guessing once I drive it home- I will take off the blade. (I did not have time to go through the entire thing with him)
    Where do most people store the blade?
    I am also wondering once you remove the whole setup in spring- how the heck you move it around- It looks like it weighs a ton,...
    If someof you more experienced guys can give me the run down on their routine in the winter and if they do everything solo or with help

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

how it comes off and goes on depends on your particular brand of plow- never heard of that one- so I can't help you on that.
    Where to put it- somewhere you can drive up to that is flat, fairly level, and easy to get to in the snow. Top of the driveway is common. I park in the front yard (dirt strip) the plow in right in front of my truck- in the summer I put it out of the way which is to the right of the truck turned sideways (I drive across the front lawn to put it there).

Depending on how it's made depends on the weight- when you need to move it put it on the truck. The trick is putting it somewhere for the summer you DON'T have to move it.

3. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

I agree 100 % w/ justme--Ole JIM--