1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

questions blizzard vs v-plow and trucks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by b4thundr, Oct 3, 2004.

1. b4thundr

b4thundr Junior Member

I have a buddy that has to plow a 1000' long parking lot and he is going to order a new Ford truck so my question-s are....
    1.V-plow or Blizzard 810?
    2. with that heavy of a plow 250-350? and yes he is going to get the plow prep pack. Also he is going to get the 6.0 diesel.

We will be going to be putting weight in the back. I think the blizzard is the way to go for lots because the damn thing is so wide!! and a V is still a straight blade when you are winging it to the side I am just trying to help him in his decision what ever that might be!
    3. time what is going to be faster?

Thanks in advance to any and all who post to this question!!!!!! :salute:
  2. b4thundr

b4thundr Junior Member

ok Im dumb please kill this one and post on the other one Sorry :help:
  3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Save time, make money! Get WIDE and get BLIZZARD !!!!! :waving:

ROSELAWN Member

The Bosses are lighter though, my biggest concern when buying a plow aside from productivity and reliability is service. If the dealer is far away, doesn't stock parts or won't stay open at night or weekends during a storm I don't even look at their product. I just ordered a 9'2" Boss v-plow because the dealer does a great job with service and is always open during storms. I looked at Blizzards and liked them, but the dealer didn't service us well last year and wasn't open all hours when we needed them.
  5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

What rose said. although......

If you just have one lot to plow or just a few a v or a blizzard is just spending $ for no real gain. Buy a staight blade and be done with it.

It depends on what kinda plowing you will be doing witch is better. A blizzard will have a slight advantage in most cases though.
  6. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I have a Boss 9.2 and a Blizzard 810 . The blizzard wins hands down on the big parking lots for us. The 810 will roll more snow to the side than the Boss.