1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Questions about torsion bars/suspension

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Strictly Snow, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Strictly Snow

Strictly Snow Senior Member
    from Oxford

I recently replace both torsion bars(brand new gm factory parts) on a 94' GMC k2500 along with all related front suspension components. After lowering the truck to the ground to level the vehicle the drivers side needed to be cranked all the way up(still not level) and passenger side left untouched. This also made the suspension so stiff it rides like a tank. To my knowledge there is no frame damage and and everything is straight. Anybody have any idea what went wrong or similar problems

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Did you index the bars in the a arms and keys the same?

3. Strictly Snow

from Oxford

As close as I could there was a slight difference(one key without a load on it Hung about a half inch off) but it wouldn't go together any other way

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Just a dumb question but do you have them in right L/R or front back? The other question would be are you sure you have a Right and a Left and not two rights or two lefts?

5. Strictly Snow

from Oxford

When I purchased them they were marked left and right. I installed them that way as for front to back there was no indication as to which was front or back.

6. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

What are the part numbers on the bars?

7. Strictly Snow

from Oxford

Am I looking for the stamped numbers on the ends of the bars or the stickers on the bars