1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Questions about snowblower for a skid steer

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by bjelland, Dec 15, 2010.

1. bjelland

bjelland Junior Member
    from mn

Hello everyone. Im looking to buy a skid steer and a snowblower for my snow removal. I have a chance to get a really good deal on a used skid steer but the problem is that it doesnt have high-flow. I was wondering if anyone has a skid steer and a blower without high-flow, and how it preforms. i understand that you have to match up the gpm of the skid steer with the blower in order for it to preform right. any info would be great! thanks

2. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Many skid steers are not high flow. I have a Bobcat 753 with a late 90's Erskine 67" standard flow blower. You just have to make sure you do your research before investing in the blower (new or used). Know the gallons per minute (GPM) flow of the auxillary hydraulics of the skid steer and find a blower that is matched accordingly. I think mine is around 15 gpm. It works ok. Throws about as far or maybe slightly farther than a good walk behind (20-25', maybe 30' at best). Depends on the snow make up. Fluffy throws farther than wet. Wet barely throws and sometimes even plugs up. It is in no way near the distance of a pto driven blower on the back of a tractor.

I imagine high flow throws farther. The blowers are pricey. Also, you would want controls for both chute rotation and pitch. Some don't have the pitch deflector control, which lowers the cost & usefulness. Cab & heat are very much needed on the skid steer.

Last point, the width. My machine is 60". By having a slightly wider blower it gives me a little wiggle room.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  3. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Not that I have a problem with your post, but in the last few days there have been multiple posts about skid loaders with snowblowers. SInce I see this is your first post, you could have used the search function and came up with the answer most of us will post here for you.

Otherwise, welcome to plowsite.
    The last answer described what you should look for when buying a blower skid loader combo.
    As for High Flow, what makes you think high flow is a must?
    I have three skid loader blower set ups and none are high flow by choice.