1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

questions about sno pro 3000

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Ferrisdiesel, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Ferrisdiesel

Ferrisdiesel Member

Hey guys,
    My uncle just gave me his old sno pro 3000, came off of his 95 f350 PSD. I have a 2009 chevy 2500 hd and was wondering what I need to do to get this to fit on my truck.

1. Can I use the wiring harness off the ford? will it work with some mods? It is the old 1 plug set up.
    2. I am guessing that the old push plates off the ford will not fit, so I need to get new ones. Will push plates from a 2007 chevy 2500 fit on my truck?

Im not trying to spend a boat load on this setup.......trying to get through this first year and save up some cash to do it up right next season.

Thanks
    Weave

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Give me a call at Curtis i can help you with that 1-800-343-7676 ex3042.

3. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

I think your going to need a new wiring harnes and i think from 2007 it would fit on a 2009 but call curtis and ask

4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

You should just take a ride to the Curtis Factory in Worc and have them set you up. Only an hour from you and you can probably have them set it up for the 2 wire set up. Its a great plow. No need to switch next season.

5. Ferrisdiesel

Ferrisdiesel Member

taking a ride

Hey guys thanks for the info, I am going to take a ride up there next week. I do need to switch to the 2 plug set up and am just going to bite the bullet and buy the brand new push plates. They are going to give me $350 bucks for my old plates and wiring harness.

6. Ferrisdiesel

Ferrisdiesel Member

wiring schematic?

So I went to Curtis in Worcester and picked up my new push plate and 2 plug wiring harness. Mark at Curtis, told me that the wiring harness comes with a schematic...........well, it wasn't in the bag, and I can only seem to find the schematic for
    the 1 plug set up on here.
    Can anyone help me out?

7. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Send me an e mail at mycirus at yahoo dot com. I have a PDF I can send you.

Bruce

8. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

You would think that after all this time they would release an updated wiring diagram.....
    The one plug is virtually the same with just the 2 big power wires broken off into another plug.

Been down this road already.

There is a newer one yet that uses 4 relays...... depends on which one you have.

If you have this mysterious diagram please post it here for everyone to have access to rather than doing it by email.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  9. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Did that work?

Attached Files:

10. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

yes that works but it is still the old single plug.... but still relevant.

11. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

On page 6 there is the pinout of a double plug.

12. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

That there is, I stand corrected :D

13. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Its all good!!!:)

14. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

I bought a Snowpro 3000 in March. It didn't look bad when we dragged it out of the snow that day. On closer inspection, the paint which I'm told is power coat had a lot of rust bubbling under it.

If you see a little rust you'll want to get busy with the scraper. I was surprised at how much rust was under the paint. I scraped then ran the soft pad sander over some spots and the sand blaster over the rest. I used Allis Chalmers orange paint. It looks good and shouldn't bubble up and let rust form behind the paint.
    I only paid $1200 for the whole set up for my '01 GMC 2500, so I'm happy.

15. cpd427

cpd427 Member
    from ohio

Do you still have the Ford mount for this plow?

16. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I think he traded it in.

17. Ferrisdiesel

Ferrisdiesel Member

plugs not plugging in

Ok,
    So I bought the new truckside wiring harness and the new plowside wiring harness, the two plug system.
    The red and black power plugs plug in fine, however the other plug refuses to plug in...........what gives?? are the pins crooked?? am I doing something wrong?? HELP!!!!

18. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

One end of the plug has 2 slots and one end has one slot. Make sure you have them lined up. The other side will have indentations that the plug goes into. If it doesnt go in, try turning it 180 degrees and trying again. It should go right together.

19. Ferrisdiesel

Ferrisdiesel Member

yeah I tried all that, counted the pins to make sure the 2 plugs were the same and still no dice...........does not want to slide in.

20. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

I bought a used Snowpro 3000 late last winter. This week I took it to the Curtis plow dealer to get it ready for winter. He pointed out to me that my plow's total height is a lot shorter than the new Snowpro 3000.

Mine also has 3 springs that go straight up, where the new ones have 4 that are fanned out. Everything else on mine looks just like the new one.

When did Curtis go to this taller blade?

Jim