1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Questions about Poly Cutting Edges

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FaccLandscaping, Nov 27, 2011.

1. FaccLandscaping

FaccLandscaping Junior Member

This may have been brought up before, if so I apologize, but I tried looking through the posts to see and didn’t seem to find any answers. Anyway I am contemplating a Poly Cutting edge to battle the problem of an unfinished blacktop surface with raised manhole covers and other types of vents within an unfinished development. For those guys that have poly does this help with manhole covers and other obstacles? And what’s this UHMW? I tried doing some online research and it looks like it’s the same as Poly so let me know what you guys think. I know rubber is an option but I’d rather not use it, one of the subs that worked for me last season had nothing but complaints about it.

2. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

We had one poly edge now its on a subs truck. In my opinion it really is not much more forgiving than steel. It wont do the damage steel does but you forsure stil notice it when you hit stuff. UHMW is the poly your talking about. Its a stronger more dense poly to last longer. Ultra High Molecular Weight Poly.

3. FaccLandscaping

FaccLandscaping Junior Member

Thanks for the input ryde, I was looking for something in between steel and rubber and was hoping that Poly was the answer.