1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

questions about Old Western Pump

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jpocket, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

I have an old pump in my basement, The Model is : Isarmatic MarkIII Series B.

what do you guys know about this pump (cable operated) Is it an entry level unit? or a heavy duty one. From the looks of it it's a pretty beefy unit, looks like somthing that could be used with a 9ft plus blade.

What are the common problems out of this pump, i don't know because I have all Meyers stuff.

You help is appreciated.:help:

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

They were a great pump for their time. They only had one size pump so that pump was used for all the blades at that time (used on conventional style mounts). Parts are still easy to get, just takes a little massaging to get them dialed in when you first hook everything up.

3. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

ditto what crash said. over time you'll see that that western will be more dependable than your myers plows. pete

4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Yep. That pump was the first of the 4 inch pumps, first introduced on the first Pro plows, then they used them on all the plows. I have a truck with one of the same pumps and it works great.

5. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

I have an old cable operated Western pump that was originally indstalled in 1963. I have had it 4 years and have rebuilt the electric motor and changed the fluid yearly.
    Get them dialed in and they're bullit proof.
    Good luck,
    Mark K

6. Lena

Lena Junior Member

Cable controls

This is all new to me, I just brought home a 8.5 western plow with a cable control pump. Hopefully I can get it hooked up and working. Don't really know much about it.
    Lena

7. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

I believe they made more than one pump for that series.
    you can have 1 1/2 " lift ram dia. OR 2" lift ram dia. for the model you listed. If it has the 2" lift ram that would be considered the "heavy duty". good luck PT.:)