1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Questions about mounting plow to 2010 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JEC, Oct 5, 2014.

1. JEC

JEC Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hi all,
    For the last few years, I've used a Jeep JK with SnowDogg MD plow to maintain my own parking lot (and a few friend's driveways). Small lot, less than a half acre or so. The plow probably has about 30-40 hours on it. The Jeep's primary duty is daily driver, is in great condition, and has really low miles for an '08. (a little over29,000)
    Recently bought a 2011 Silverado, and decided to sell the Jeep/plow combo with the intention to put the exact same plow on the truck.
    I've since learned that people get the idea that the Jeep has seen rough conditions from being a "plow truck", which isn't the case, so I thought I'm better off to uninstall the plow, sell the Jeep without it, and refit it to the new vehicle.

Now, looking at the underside of the truck, I'm wondering how much a mount will mess with all the plastic and trim of the very large grill/bumper/etc. What am in for? The truck's kinda pretty -in it's own way :) -, and now I'm not so sure if I want to modify it for an "occasional use" plow. I've looked for images of this truck with the mount, but not finding much.
    Advice is welcome. Thanks
  2. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

They'll most likely have to "notch" the valance right where the tow hooks are.
  3. JEC

JEC Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks Chris,
    You've confirmed what I thought would be necessary.
    I think I'll look around for a well used truck to mount the plow to, rather than cut up the front end of the Silverado.
  4. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

The notched valance/air dam is hardly noticeable with a Fisher MM2 plow set up on it ... the plow push plates fills in for a good match up. Nothing else needs to be disturbed. Owning 2 registered insured vehicles was way too expensive in my state. I'm sticking with one - as most here ...
  5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I had to trim my front valance just a little bit to fit my push plates for my fisher plow.If you ever sell the truck without the plow just put a new valance on.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  6. Saber

Saber Junior Member

when I sold my Avalanche, I pulled my plow hardware and bought a new valance for around 75 bucks.

DERHNTR Junior Member

This is how much I had to take out.