1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

questions about mounting 7/6 uni to chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by CooJer02, Feb 2, 2010.

1. CooJer02

CooJer02 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I just bought a 7/6 unimount and was wondering if anyone had plans and dimensions for the mount for a 1998 Chevy 1500 Z-71??? I can weld and was wanting to make it. I got a mount w/ the plow but it came off a 97 ford f150. The wiring harnes is off the same truck....my question w/ that is, can i use it on my chev in any possible way??? Pics and dimensions of a unimount truck mount for a 98 chevy 1500 will be much appreciated!!

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Guys rework mounts all the time to fit their trucks. As for dimensions, not to many draw it all out and write it down. Theres 2 different versions of the uni mount for that body style truck on westerns site under the publications library so that you can see how they were bolted up to the truck.

3. T Deneen

T Deneen Junior Member

Your best bet is to take the Uni Mount you have and re fab it to fit the Chevy. See the publications tab on Western's website for a drawing, but this is really a "make it fit" type of situation. The Uni Mount # for the 1998 Chevy 1500 was 62330. Hope this is helpful.

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

here is a pic of the mount

mount13681.jpg

mount13681.jpg

5. CooJer02

CooJer02 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks everyone!!! I have my friend working on it now....ill post pics when its finished!!!

6. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

im not to sure as to how much this will help.. but i know the width to the holes on the frame rails is 30.5 inches.. and make sure you dont just use those, you will have to mount something back to the cross member to.. my dumb ass buddy tried just those 4 frame bolts and bent his frame back bad