1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

questions about buying a older boss

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mike8856, Dec 20, 2013.

1. mike8856

mike8856 Junior Member

I'm looking at buying this boss plow but know nothing about it right now I just have a western 7.6 midweight its a 9,4in v anyone know what model it is and if its any good? Thanks [​IMG]

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Something doesn't look right on that

3. mike8856

mike8856 Junior Member

Why do you say that?

4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like it's had a hard life.

5. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

It's been welded on, quick paint job over the rust. Missing the pump cover. It may function fine but don't pay a lot for it.

6. mike8856

mike8856 Junior Member

Works good to much for his truck he wants to trade for my 7.5 mid weight ultra mount with a bad cilender and cuting edge

7. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

To answer your question, Boss Plows are good plows. Just like anything else, it all depends on what kind of maintenance it had. They have a very simple design and are simple to work on. It shoudl say if its an RT2 or an RT3 somewhere on it. Thats the model. If it has a toggle switch on the light tower, it has SmartHitch.
    If you have the same truck as he does and the wiring and truck side mount will work on yours, I say go for it.

8. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

BTW, how can that be too much plow for a Superduty?

9. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Given the obvious welding to the plow I wonder if this was an earlier boxed in model that rusted out. If so, the integrity of the plow is suspect. Not to mention the plow is "pretty tweaked". Be carefull! Also have someone take it on and off the existing truck first. With that hitch design not always so easy.