1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

questions about a fisher minute mount

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RM&M, Sep 30, 2010.

1. RM&M

RM&M Member
    from ERIE

hey guys as you might have read before i have a 7.5 fisher minute mount 1
    any who have worked with these who might know i could use some advise

ok here it goes-......i cant mount the thing in a minute or even close. i have to stick a jack under the plow blade or plow fram in the middle and jack it up to get slack enough in the chain to rock the head set up and get the pins to pop in......this is because when you take the plow off your supposed to drop it down all the way to float mode and then get out and push the front cylinder all the way down so you have lots of slack in the chain. well the problem has been with this since ive had it is that when it goes into float i cant get that thing to go down a inch. i am a pretty light guy but i have tried like hell and ive had guys at my job push on it two at a time and nothing. now it will go down if im plowing in float and the ground slopes down or i park it on a hill with the truck sitting higher than the plow, but to take the plow off it wont push down for the life of me which makes putting it back on a 15 minute job instead of a minute(like it says lol)
    so i was wondering if there is some sort of valve or release or something i dont know about that i can do myself to get this thing down went i want to take it off also so the cylinder isnt sitting exposed to the elements and start rusting. any advice? i would rather try it myself than spend a couple hundred at the local plow shop

thanks in advance guys:confused:

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Gotta get the slack in the chain before disconnecting. The green float light should come on. Some guys use there foot to push in on the chain. Middle of the chain, push towards the truck. That will give you more leverage to get the lift arm down.

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Loosen the packing nut on top of the lift cylinder untill it retracts all the way easy,run it up and down all the way several times and then snug the packing nut up again